Beacon Capital Partners LLC
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Beacon Capital Partners LLC is a private real estate investment firm that develops, owns, and operates more than 24 million square feet of commercial office properties in select cities in the United States and Europe. Beacon Capital Partners is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year—Sustained Excellence recognition for leveraging competitions and awareness campaigns to engage stakeholders, and for its continued implementation of a wide range of energy efficiency measures throughout its portfolio. Key 2015 accomplishments include:
- Earning an ENERGY STAR score of 75 or higher for more than 80 percent of its properties, with an average portfolio score of 83.
- Implementing the Blue Star Energy Saving Contest, where building maintenance and management team members competed for the best energy-saving initiative.
- Developing a tenant energy awareness packet to facilitate communication between asset managers and existing as well as new tenants about Beacon’s conservation programs.
- Continuing the “No Cost Energy Savings Program,” which has saved nearly one million kilowatt hours per year per property since 2010.
- Installing Soofa benches that charge personal electronics via solar power outside four buildings.
- Expanding participation in the ENERGY STAR National Building Competition to more buildings than ever before.