Beacon Capital Partners
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence - Energy Management
Beacon Capital Partners is a private real estate investment firm. Beacon Capital has maintained a longstanding commitment to ENERGY STAR® and energy conservation, including implementing several major projects to drive energy reductions across its portfolio and promoting the value of ENERGY STAR and energy management to internal staff. Key 2021 accomplishments include:
- Constructing seven trigeneration projects that will each produce 500-750 kilowatts of electricity and roughly 250 tons of chilled water, reducing the annual emissions of the buildings in which they are installed by up to 75%.
- Installing or initiating two rooftop solar panel projects and five solar carport projects.
- Completing installation of 43 new regenerative drive elevators, with 12 more underway, each of which consumes up to 60% less energy than typical elevators and offsets increased elevator usage resulting from COVID-19 limitations.
- Reducing HVAC energy use by nearly 5% due to enhanced attention to water treatment at all properties.
- Recognizing energy management achievements of ten building management team members through its seventh annual Blue Star Energy Awards Contest, which motivates participants to achieve ENERGY STAR-related goals.