Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
Baltimore Gas and Electric Company (BGE) is an electric and natural gas utility and is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year-Sustained Excellence recognition. BGE is Maryland’s largest utility and provides service to more than 1.25 million electric and 655,000 gas customers. Since 2009, the BGE Smart Energy Savers Program® has offered a portfolio of ENERGY STAR programs in support of the EmPOWER Maryland initiative that allows their customers to understand, manage, and reduce energy use. Key 2018 accomplishments include:
- Supporting the construction of more than 3,000 ENERGY STAR certified homes, for a total exceeding 20,000 homes since joining the program in 2009.
- Enhancing efforts to engage HVAC contractors by releasing several online trainings and hosting in-depth, in-person trainings for HVAC contractors, builders, and raters on quality design and installation.
- Using a multi-channel approach to promote a wide array of ENERGY STAR-certified products to residential and commercial customers including lighting, dehumidifiers, clothes washers and dryers, freezers, pool pumps, heat pump water heaters, air purifiers, room air conditions, HVAC systems, smart thermostats and commercial food service equipment.
- Using Home Performance with ENERGY STAR to successfully drive participation in performance-based incentive programs.
- Linking financial incentives directly to energy savings resulted in 3,689 completed audits and 994 Home Performance with ENERGY STAR projects in 2018; adding to the 20,112 completed audits and 7,611 jobs completed by the program to date.
- Increasing customer use of ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager through its Building Tune-Up program, which completed 400 projects resulting in 12 million kilowatt hours.