Baltimore Gas Electric
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence - Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
Baltimore Gas Electric is a gas and electric utility. BGE has leveraged ENERGY STAR® in many of its offerings, including Home Performance with ENERGY STAR®, which has provided $42 million in energy efficiency incentives and achieved over 33,000 MWh in electricity savings since the program’s inception. Key 2022 accomplishments include:
- Completing 1,563 home performance projects that delivered an average energy savings of 4 MWh for all electric homes and 1.3 MWh and 160 therms for natural gas-heated homes.
- Supporting the construction of nearly 1,800 ENERGY STAR certified homes, for a total exceeding 30,000, and continuing to expand its program by offering additional incentives for homes that include ENERGY STAR certified smart thermostats, HVAC equipment, and heat pump water heaters.
- Providing customers with more than 21,000 ENERGY STAR LED lights, efficient showerheads, faucet aerators, pipe insulations, and smart power strips.
- Using the ENERGY STAR Retail Products Platform program model to offer instant markdown rebates on over 58,000 measures and increasing the sales of heat pump water heaters by 30%.
- Improving customer experience by updating the Automatic Benchmarking tool that exchanges data with ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager®.
- Collaborating with other utilities to offer 0% loans for energy improvements.
- Launching an efficient home lifestyle magazine, which was distributed to over 100,000 customers and highlights ENERGY STAR related programs and products.
- Increasing customer interaction with Energy Coaches.