Baltimore Gas Electric
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence - Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
Baltimore Gas and Electric is an electric and gas utility. In 2021, the BGE Smart Energy Savers Program offered a wide range of ENERGY STAR® offerings to empower residential and commercial customers to reduce their energy usage through retail-, distributor-, and contractor-based opportunities. Key 2021 accomplishments include:
- Requiring ENERGY STAR certification in more than 20 product categories as the basis for programs serving residential and commercial customers, including small business customers. BG&E leveraged multiple delivery channels and incentive mechanisms (e.g., bulk purchase, instant discounts, buy-downs, and midstream incentives) to maximize market opportunities.
- Conducting a large-scale pilot of its smart home energy management system, resulting in the first system to receive ENERGY STAR certification.
- Supporting the construction of nearly 3,000 ENERGY STAR certified homes, for a cumulative total exceeding 29,000, while expanding their program to offer additional incentives for homes that include ENERGY STAR certified smart thermostats, HVAC equipment, and water heaters.
- Reducing energy use through Home Performance with ENERGY STAR™ by an additional 18% for electricity and 25% for natural gas, resulting in the program’s highest energy savings to date.
- Implementing more than 25,000 direct install measures during audits offered through Home Performance with ENERGY STAR.
- Completing 118 projects through its Building Tune-up program with financial incentives for ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager® benchmarking, on-site analysis, and improvements to optimize building operations and maintenance.