Baltimore Gas Electric
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
Baltimore Gas and Electric (BGE) is an electric utility company. In 2020, the BGE Smart Energy Savers Program offered a wide range of ENERGY STAR programs to residential and commercial customers, reducing energy use through retail, midstream, and contractor-based opportunities. Key 2020 accomplishments include:
- Incentivizing over 25,000 ENERGY STAR certified products, 45 percent of which were designated ENERGY STAR Most Efficient; allowing stores participating with ENERGY STAR Retail Products Platform (ESRPP) to directly ship ENERGY STAR certified products to customers in response to the Covid-19 public health crisis.
- Supporting the construction of more than 3,300 ENERGY STAR certified homes and the installation of nearly 2,600 ENERGY STAR certified smart thermostats, generating more than 6,700 megawatt hours in energy savings.
- Completing over 2,100 home energy assessments and 800 projects through its Home Performance with ENERGY STAR (HPwES) program, resulting in 2,600 MWh and over 46,000 therms in annual energy savings for participating households, despite the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Establishing minimum standards for its HPwES program to align with recommended efficiency levels for Maryland’s climate zone, resulting in an increase in annual electrical savings per home upgrade project by an average of 7 percent, and natural gas savings by 12 percent.
- Providing financial incentives and technical assistance to commercial customers, enabling them to benefit from ENERGY STAR certified products and benchmark building energy performance. ?