Baltimore Gas and Electric Company
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
Baltimore Gas and Electric Company (BGE) is the largest utility in Maryland, serving more than 1.2 million electricity customers and more than 655,000 gas customers. BGE’s Smart Energy Savers Program offers residential energy efficiency solutions that leverage ENERGY STAR® certified products, new homes, and Home Performance with ENERGY STAR (HPwES). BGE launched its residential energy efficiency programs in 2009, and, along with other utilities supporting EmPOWER Maryland, is making great strides toward achieving energy efficiency goals. BGE is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year—Sustained Excellence recognition for its successful certified homes and products programs. Key 2014 accomplishments include:
- Yielding 479 million media impressions, for a cumulative total of 2.1 billion impressions since 2009.
- Incentivizing more than 2,100 ENERGY STAR certified homes, bringing the program total to over 10,000.
- Engaging more than 714,000 BGE customers and generating more than 180 million consumer impressions through TV, radio, direct mail, and outdoor and digital advertising, resulting in the sale of more than 2.4 million ENERGY STAR lighting and appliance products and energy savings of 54,000 kilowatt hours.
- Helping its customers responsibly recycle 6,400 inefficient appliances in accordance with EPA’s Responsible Appliance Disposal (RAD) program.
- Collaborating with other Maryland utilities and industry stakeholders to advance the EmPower Maryland HPwES program.