Partner of the Year - Energy Management
Avanath is an investment firm that owns and operates affordable and workforce apartment communities across the United States. Avanath leveraged ENERGY STAR® tools and resources to improve the energy efficiency of its properties and developed several innovative ways to engage with its staff to promote its energy management strategy. Key 2022 accomplishments include:
- Achieving ENERGY STAR certification for 12 properties.
- Increasing the average ENERGY STAR score across its portfolio by almost three points, and reducing its weather normalized source energy use intensity by over 35% from 2021 to 2022.
- Hosting an ENERGY STAR Treasure Hunt at Cascades Villages, whose success was used to develop a case study and which was promoted to other property teams.
- Leveraging ENERGY STAR resources to develop regional and seasonal specific operational checklists that guide property managers in identifying opportunities for energy efficiency improvements.
- Developing a training program through its +Amplify platform that educates property managers, asset managers, senior leadership, and acquisition teams on the value of benchmarking in ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager® and achieving ENERGY STAR certification.