Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence - Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
Austin Energy is a municipal electric transmission and distribution utility. In 2020, Austin Energy modified its Home Performance with ENERGY STAR (HPwES) and Weatherization Assistance programs to promote participation and assist customers who were experiencing hardships from the COVID-19 pandemic. Key program accomplishments in 2020 include:
- Developing a remote assessment process to permit the HPwES program to conduct pre-and post-inspections on 100 percent of their projects.
- Adjusting contractor meetings and trainings to a virtual environment, thereby allowing greater participation by contractor and sales staff. Virtual meetings are planned to continue post-pandemic.
- Demonstrating leadership by adopting field and remote-inspection best practices in training programs, in addition to traditional program requirements, building codes, and building science topics.
- Raising loan cap limits from $15,000 to $20,000 for HPwES projects, while increasing allowable income limits and simplifying the application process.
- Providing a 25 percent reimbursement for HPwES participating contractors to purchase specialized equipment or receive required training.