Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
Austin Energy is a publicly owned electric utility serving the City of Austin, Texas, and surrounding areas. In 2019, Austin Energy completed 824 Home Performance with ENERGY STAR (HPwES) projects, and an additional 494 weatherization projects for low-income households. Additional key accomplishments include:
- Maintaining rigorous quality standards by performing 100 percent post-installation inspections in addition to engaging a third-party for additional quality assurance analysis.
- Developing, testing and incorporating HVAC Quality Installation procedures, including proper design, sizing, air-sealing and insulating of duct systems.
- Updating their marketing materials to increase customer awareness, leveraging the ENERGY STAR brand, and establishing uniformity between market-rate and income-eligible HPwES programs.
- Targeting diverse populations with a presence at home and garden shows, community events, local churches, food banks, and non-profit and community centers.
- Promoting contractor co-marketing with updated flyers, yard signs and digital media.
- Focusing on educating contractor marketing and sales staff by offering scheduled and on-demand training sessions highlighting best practices.
- HPwES participants rated their overall satisfaction with the program at 93 percent.