AT&T is a leading provider of pay-television and global telecommunications. AT&T is receiving ENERGY STAR® recongnition for deploying millions of cutting edge, energy efficient set-top boxes. Key 2017 accomplishments include:
- Deploying more than 10 million ENERGY STAR certified set-top boxes -100 percent of AT&T’s set-top box purchases in 2017.
- Saving 250 million kilowatt hours annually with their efficient hardware, and saving their customers more than $759 million in energy costs since 2009.
- Decreasing the energy consumption of all active U.S. receivers by 24 percent since 2012, even with a nine percent increase in deployed receivers.
- Growing the success of the energy efficient Genie® whole-home DVR solution that allows a central ENERGY STAR certified DVR to connect to ENERGY STAR certified Genie® Mini or DIRECTV Ready televisions with no additional receivers required.
- Certifying all eligible set-top boxes to the new, stringent ENERGY STAR Version 5.1 specification.