Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Product Brand Owner
AT&T is a leading global technology and pay-television provider. AT&T is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year—Sustained Excellence recognition for delivering the best in efficient set-top boxes and educating millions of consumers about the equipment’s energy efficiency and the ENERGY STAR program. Key 2016 accomplishments include:
- Manufacturing and deploying 13 million ENERGY STAR certified set-top boxes in 2016, delivering 465 million kilowatt hours (kWh) of energy savings per year, for a total of $725 million in saved customer energy costs since 2009.
- Designing innovative energy savings into its 2017 set-top boxes in anticipation of the newest ENERGY STAR requirements with the goal of again ensuring 100 percent are ENERGY STAR certified.
- Building on the success of the energy saving Genie whole-home digital video recorder (DVR) solution, AT&T’s latest Genie is 50 percent more efficient than the previous generation.
- Educating consumers regarding the energy savings of its ENERGY STAR receiver each time it wakes from power saving mode and educating two million new customers about AT&T’s ENERGY STAR partnership and energy saving receivers through its Tips and Tricks Guide.
- Training more than 8,000 technicians and 25,000 call center agents about the benefits of its ENERGY STAR receivers.
- Featuring ENERGY STAR messaging in sales circulars reaching more than four million customers.