Charlotte, North Carolina
Partner of the Year
Atrium Health is a not-for-profit healthcare system that provides a full spectrum of healthcare and wellness programs throughout North and South Carolina, receiving Partner of the Year recognition. Atrium Health has a commitment to improve public health through better energy management and has reduced energy consumption more than 20 percent since partnering with ENERGY STAR. Key 2018 accomplishments include:
- Achieving ENERGY STAR certification at 10 facilities, including the new certification of two hospitals in 2018.
- Expanding the number of facilities tracked in ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager® from 82 to 114, a 28 percent increase in one year.
- Maintaining an average ENERGY STAR score of 53 across its portfolio of 114 facilities, representing a 31-point improvement since 2013.
- Conducting an ENERGY STAR Treasure Hunt to uncover $75,000 in potential energy savings at a small rural hospital.
- Launching an ENERGY STAR Bring Your Green to Work campaign which identified 38 projects worth $850,000 in energy savings.