Arizona Public Service (APS)
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence - Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
Arizona Public Service (APS) is an electric utility serving central Arizona. The utility continued to promote energy efficiency with offerings across multiple sectors, with its ENERGY STAR® programs saving more than 140,700 megawatt hours of energy over the past year. Key 2022 accomplishments include:
- Developing a strategy to help deliver 100% clean, carbon-free electricity to customers by 2050 through increased energy efficiency, renewables, beneficial electrification, and consumer tools.
- Supporting the construction of more than 8,600 ENERGY STAR certified homes, a 32% increase since 2021, and achieving a 45% market share for ENERGY STAR single-family homes across its service territory.
- Introducing a cloud-based online database tool that allows builders and energy rating partners to track progress toward ENERGY STAR certification.
- Offering a new incentive to home builders for installing electric vehicle wiring.
- Providing rebates for more than 500 ENERGY STAR certified electric vehicle charger products through its online marketplace.
- Continuing its strategy to encourage the installation of ENERGY STAR certified products with connected functionality, such as incentivizing builders to install ENERGY STAR Wi-Fi connected water heaters and encouraging customers to install ENERGY STAR certified smart thermostats and enroll in its demand response program, which operates as a virtual power plant providing up to a three-hour, 100-megawatt system resource.