Arizona Public Service (APS)
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
Arizona Public Service (APS) is an electric utility serving more than 1.2 million customers. A long-standing ENERGY STAR® partner, APS leverages ENERGY STAR offerings across multiple sectors. APS is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year—Sustained Excellence recognition for its role as a regional leader in energy efficiency and its ongoing commitment to ENERGY STAR. Key 2016 accomplishments include:
- Supporting the construction of more than 2,800 ENERGY STAR certified homes.
- Leveraging ENERGY STAR to encourage adoption of more energy efficient lighting and technologically advanced products. In 2016, helped advance the sale more than 2.1 million ENERGY STAR bulbs for a cumulative total of 25.6 million ENERGY STAR certified bulbs since 2005.
- Educating pool professionals on the benefits of ENERGY STAR certified pool pumps, while influencing more than 3,500 customers to upgrade to an ENERGY STAR certified pool pump. Currently more than 200 participating pool retailers, technicians, and other pool partners across its service territory are leveraging ENERGY STAR to drive the market toward variable speed models—reducing one of the area’s largest peak electric loads.
- Collaborating with other local organizations to deliver the Home Performance with ENERGY STAR program. In 2016, APS introduced competitive awards and scorecards based on quality and performance to encourage friendly competition between home performance contractors.
- Expanding use of building performance metrics from ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager®, which exchanges data with the APS Energy Information Services program. Coupled together, these tools help commercial customers become more energy efficient.