Arizona Public Service
Partner of the Year
Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
Arizona Public Service (APS) is an electric utility serving more than 1.2 million customers. APS employed ENERGY STAR offerings across multiple program areas to promote energy efficiency while also integrating renewables, managing peak demand, and reducing carbon and other air pollutants to meet its internal Clean Energy Commitment. Key 2020 accomplishments include:
- Saving more than 212,002 megawatt hours (MWh) of electricity across all ENERGY STAR programs, helping the state of Arizona exceed its goal of 22 percent energy efficiency savings by 2020.
- Supporting the construction of more than 8,000 ENERGY STAR certified homes.
- Offering free ENERGY STAR certified smart thermostats through its online marketplace to customers enrolling in its demand response program.
- Partnering with a software provider to identify opportunities in its HPwES program to target cost-effective energy savings and enhanced quality assurance procedures, such as customer satisfaction surveys, ongoing no-cost training for contractors, and mentorship opportunities.
- Achieving an assessment to retrofit conversion rate of 81 percent, resulting in 1,200 HPwES projects in 2020.
- Offering an enhanced HPwES program by adding a “Certificate of Energy Improvements,” which details energy upgrades performed in the home; APS issues approximately 30 certificates per month and promotes the certificates to increase home values.