Arizona Public Service
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
Arizona Public Service (APS) is an electric utility serving more than 1.1 million customers in eleven counties throughout Arizona. A long-standing partner in the ENERGY STAR® program, APS leverages ENERGY STAR offerings across multiple sectors, promoting everything from energy efficient pool pumps to whole home retrofits. APS is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year—Sustained Excellence recognition for its role as a regional leader in energy efficiency and its ongoing commitment to ENERGY STAR across all sectors. Key 2015 accomplishments include:
- Supporting the construction of more than 3,500 ENERGY STAR certified homes, resulting in more than 8,400 megawatt hours (MWh) of savings.
- Expanding the value of the APS Energy Information Services (EIS) program by integrating Portfolio Manager Web services, helping commercial customers obtain the whole building data needed to benchmark and participate further in energy efficiency offerings.
- Providing rebates for about 700,000 ENERGY STAR certified light-emitting diode (LED) bulbs through its ENERGY STAR Residential Lighting program. This program has been one of APS’ most prominent energy efficiency program offerings—since 2005, APS has rebated more than 25.6 million ENERGY STAR certified compact fluorescent lights (CFL), saving nearly 768 million MWhs.
- Facilitating the sale of more than 4,750 ENERGY STAR certified pool pumps by working with more than 200 participating pool retailers, technicians, and other partners in its service territory to leverage ENERGY STAR in advancing the market for efficient pool pumps.
- Promoting EPA’s Responsible Appliance Disposal (RAD) program and ENERGY STAR certified refrigerators in its Refrigerator Recycling Program. Participating customers were offered the option of donating their $30 recycling rebate to the Salvation Army’s S.H.A.R.E. (Service to Help Arizonans with Relief on Energy) program. In 2015, more than 6,700 refrigerators and freezers were recycled, and more than $37,000 in donated recycling rebates were redirected to S.H.A.R.E.
- Collaborating as a Utility Partner with FSL Home Improvements and the Salt River Project Agricultural Improvement and Power District to deliver the Home Performance with ENERGY STAR program. This year, APS is exploring how the additional data gained from adopting the Home Performance XML data standard (HPXML) can inform marketing efforts, including incorporating data points, like home characteristics, into materials to target potential customers.