Arizona Public Service
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence - Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
Arizona Public Service (APS) is Arizona’s largest and longest-serving electric utility, with more than 1.1 million customers. APS began its partnership with the ENERGY STAR® program in 2005, with the promotion of ENERGY STAR certified lighting and has since expanded its partnership to offer ENERGY STAR certified homes, Solutions for Business, Home Performance with ENERGY STAR (HPwES), and ENERGY STAR certified pool pumps. More than 50 percent of total residential program savings come from programs directly tied to ENERGY STAR. APS is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year—Sustained Excellence recognition for its role as a regional leader in energy efficiency and its ongoing commitment to the HPwES, Energy Efficient Products, ENERGY STAR for Commercial and Industrial Buildings, and ENERGY STAR Certified Homes programs. Key 2014 accomplishments include:
- Collaborating with FSL Home Improvements and Salt River Project Agricultural Improvement and Power District to offer a robust Arizona HPwES program.
- Facilitating the sale of more than 4,750 ENERGY STAR certified pool pumps by working with more than 400 participating pool retailers, technicians, and distributors in its service territory.
- Leveraging the ENERGY STAR Change the World Tour and ENERGY STAR Day and partnering with ENERGY STAR retail and manufacturing partners to completely make over a veterans’ facility in downtown Phoenix—saving the organization $40,000 a year in energy costs.
- Enabling commercial customers to obtain the building energy performance information they need by sponsoring training on benchmarking with ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager®.
- Promoting the construction of more than 3,000 ENERGY STAR certified homes, resulting in 10,421 megawatt hours of savings.