Appalachian Power Company
Charleston, West Virginia
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence - Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
Appalachian Power Company (APCo), a subsidiary of American Electric Power, is an electric utility. APCo overcame challenges to product and service availability in its often mountainous, sometimes isolated service territory to deliver ENERGY STAR certified products and energy services to its customers, resulting in more than 2 million kWh of energy savings. Key 2020 accomplishments include:
- Deploying program field representatives to conduct 450 retail site visits and seven outreach events, resulting in 1,200 customer and retail sales associate trainings featuring ENERGY STAR products.
- Providing incentives for 970 ENERGY STAR certified appliances and nearly 12,500 weatherization measures.
- Working with ENERGY STAR lighting manufacturer partners to serve hard-to-reach customers at retail locations accessible to them.
- Leveraging and prominently displaying the ENERGY STAR logo on shelf labels, signs, and rebate forms at nearly 350 retail locations.
- Enrolling 3,490 ENERGY STAR certified thermostats in its demand response program.