Partner of the Year
AMLI Residential develops, acquires and manages multifamily apartment communities. AMLI leveraged the ENERGY STAR program to communicate the value of energy efficiency to both internal stakeholders and its residents across its communities. Key 2019 accomplishments include:
- Achieving ENERGY STAR certification for 31 communities, representing over 45 percent of its portfolio.
- Increasing its portfolio average ENERGY STAR score from a 90 in 2018 to a 92 in 2019.
- Continuing implementation of its LED retrofit program throughout its portfolio, which saved 11,413,434 kilowatt hours (kWh), representing $844,155 in energy costs in 2019.
- Creating a lease addendum in order to obtain whole-building energy data for its properties in Dallas, Florida and Houston, which will support ongoing benchmarking and ENERGY STAR certification efforts.
- Piloting the ENERGY STAR Treasure Hunt concept at one of its properties to help engage staff in energy management and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Creating sustainability education infographics and promoting the value of ENERGY STAR to help employees who speak English as a second language understand the value of energy management and opportunities at the company.