The American Society for Healthcare Engineering (ASHE)
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
The American Society for Healthcare Engineering of the American Hospital Association (ASHE) is a membership group dedicated to the design, build, and operation of health care facilities. ASHE is receiving Partner of the Year-Sustained Excellence recognition for outstanding efforts to promote ENERGY STAR nationwide through the Energy to Care program. Key 2018 accomplishments include:
- Increasing recruitment by 16 percent surpassing 3,400 facilities in Energy to Care, a benchmarking and awards program that utilizes ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager®.
- Recognizing 69 hospitals that saved 10 percent or more energy in a year, representing a 30 percent increase from 2017 and savings that topped $396 million for hospitals in the Energy to Care program.
- Modeling its Energy to Care Treasure Hunt program after the ENERGY STAR Treasure Hunt and identifying $116,000 in savings opportunities at its inaugural training event that attracted over 30 healthcare engineers.
- Publishing a new educational monograph highlighting savings opportunities implemented by ENERGY STAR certified hospitals.
- Creating a working group to give continuing education credits to members who provide pro bono verification services to certify hospitals eligible for ENERGY STAR.