American Society for Healthcare Engineering (ASHE)
Partner of the Year
Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
The American Society for Healthcare Engineering (ASHE) is a professional membership group of the American Hospital Association, with more than 12,000 members who design, build, operate, and maintain health care facilities. ASHE is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year recognition for its superior delivery of the Energy to Care program to hospitals throughout the United States. Key 2017 accomplishments include:
- Increasing recruitment by 26 percent and surpassing 2,700 facilities in Energy-to-Care, a benchmarking and awards program that utilizes ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager®.
- Growing their ENERGY STAR Battle of the Buildings Competition to 18 state chapters, a 50 percent increase from 2016.
- Promoting ENERGY STAR Treasure Hunts to their chapters, with the first taking place in Illinois and North Carolina. The three teams identified over $300,000 in savings opportunities.
- Savings that topped $327 million for hospitals in the Energy to Care program, with the number of hospitals cutting energy use more than 10 percent in a single year growing by 40 percent.
- Administering a survey to collect detailed energy use data from hospitals and medical offices to help EPA update the ENERGY STAR scores.