American Society for Healthcare Engineering (ASHE)
Partner of the Year
Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
The American Society for Healthcare Engineering (ASHE) is a personal membership group of the American Hospital Association with more than 12,000 members who design, build, operate, and maintain healthcare facilities. ASHE is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of Year recognition for its outstanding delivery of the Energy-to-Care program to hospitals throughout the nation. Key 2016 accomplishments include:
- Increasing recruitment by 40 percent and surpassing 2,000 facilities enrolled in Energy-to-Care, a benchmarking and awards program that utilizes EPA’s ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager®.
- Launching a new competition between 12 state ASHE chapters and 234 hospitals, and co-branding it as an ENERGY STAR Battle of the Buildings Competition.
- Elevating energy efficiency and sustainability in its strategic plan to one of ASHE’s three strategic imperatives, spurring efforts to highlight hospitals that have earned the ENERGY STAR, a conference plenary session on an ENERGY STAR Texas-Ohio hospital energy battle, and creating case studies, videos, and guides that were downloaded by more than 1,000 hospital leaders.
- Savings that topped $127 million for hospitals in the Energy-to-Care program, with a 30-percent increase in the number of hospitals cutting energy use more than 10 percent in a single year.
- Administering a survey to collect detailed energy and water use data from hospitals and medical offices to update ENERGY STAR scoring models.