American Society for Health Care Engineering
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
The American Society for Health Care Engineering (ASHE) of the American Hospital Association is a society whose members design, build and operate health care facilities. ASHE advanced strategic energy management in the healthcare sector by using ENERGY STAR tools and resources in its Energy to Care program. Key 2019 accomplishments include:
- Conducting four hospital treasure hunts and providing hands-on training to over 100 members. Savings opportunities identified ranged from $500,000 to $2 million.
- Recruiting 527 hospitals in its third annual competition to save energy, modeled after the EPA's Battle of the Buildings Challenge, a growth of over 20 percent from 2019.
- Benchmarking over 3,600 health care facilities in ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager®, a growth of 8 percent.
- Recognizing 69 hospitals for saving 10 percent or more energy, an increase of 30 percent since 2017.
- Realizing energy savings of $430 million in member hospitals since 2010.