Cherry Hill, New Jersey
Home Performance with ENERGY STAR
Contractor of the Year
In just four short years, Allied Construction successfully completed more than 4,000 comprehensive Home Performance with ENERGY STAR® (HPwES) projects in New Jersey and Delaware. To meet this demand, Allied Construction developed a standard package to offer homeowners interested in HPwES. This method is part of their broader strategy to achieve operational excellence. Allied Construction is a participating contractor with HPwES Sponsors New Jersey Board of Public Utilities and Delaware Sustainable Energy Utility and strives to continually improve its operations and deployment of HPwES. Not only is Allied Construction’s primary business “home performance”, it also performs the installation of all aspects of the comprehensive work scopes, from air sealing and insulation to heating and cooling systems and to solar installations. Allied Construction is receiving ENERGY STAR Contractor of the Year recognition for its distinguished delivery of HPwES. Key 2015 accomplishments include:
- Developing a sophisticated model for characterizing large neighborhoods with similar designs and heating and cooling equipment. Its sales process involves door-to-door conversations and selling home performance to homeowners before equipment needs to be replaced.
- Deploying a standardized procedure where trucks are stocked with a predetermined amount of supplies and a restocked nightly. Crews add specific materials as called for by the upcoming day’s schedule. Two days projects have been reduced to one day projects as a result.
- Offering an outstanding, comprehensive, and hands-on training center and classroom for employees, earning the designation as a Building Performance Institute Test Center.
- Achieving a 57-percent conversion in conducting kitchen table presentations during neighborhood canvassing resulting in 3,072 assessments.
- Completing 1,700 HPwES projects in 2015, a 35-percent increase compared to 2014.