Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Allergan, Inc., is a leading manufacturer of specialty healthcare products worldwide. The company strategically manages energy and greenhouse gas emissions throughout its operations and supply chain. Allergan is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year—Sustained Excellence recognition for the continued growth and success of its energy management program. Key 2014 accomplishments include:
- Decreasing energy intensity by 10 percent per square foot while adding two new manufacturing facilities.
- Earning ENERGY STAR certification for seven office buildings and a U.S. manufacturing plant, and taking the ENERGY STAR Challenge for Industry at sites which have not yet been certified.
- Studying and addressing the core energy consumption in its facilities—HVAC—by tackling air change rate for clean room operations, a highly specialized and controlled setting.
- Working with the top five supply chain partners to reduce their carbon footprint through better energy management practices.
- Participating actively in EPA’s ENERGY STAR Focus on Energy Efficiency in Pharmaceutical Manufacturing.
- Engaging employees through biannual energy fairs that use ENERGY STAR materials and promoting energy efficiency in communities around the world through projects at schools.