Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence - Energy Management
Allergan is a global pharmaceutical company focused on developing, manufacturing and commercializing branded pharmaceutical, device, biologic, surgical, and regenerative medicine products, receiving Partner of the Year-Sustained Excellence recognition. The company advanced strategic energy management by applying ENERGY STAR tools and resources to achieve a four and a half percent energy intensity reduction for its U.S. operations over the past year. Key 2018 accomplishments include:
- Investing $8.4 million through the Allergan Energy Efficiency Capital Fund on projects that annually save $1.8 million in energy costs and cut 8,500 metric tons of carbon dioxide emissions.
- Earning ENERGY STAR certification for one manufacturing plant and four office buildings.
- Implementing the ENERGY STAR Treasure Hunt approach at its manufacturing operation in France.
- Educating employees on home energy reduction opportunities during Energy Awareness Month, Energy Efficiency Day, and ENERGY STAR Day using social media and digital signage.
- Implementing new organizational key performance indicators and communication tools that leverage Allegan’s 20 percent global energy reduction goal to keep facilities and operations management focused on energy performance.
- Actively supporting the ENERGY STAR Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Focus, Industrial Partnership, and other ENERGY STAR-sponsored initiatives.