Madison, New Jersey
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Allergan, Inc. is a diversified, global pharmaceutical company focused on developing, manufacturing, and commercializing branded pharmaceuticals, devices, biologic and regenerative medical products. The company’s energy program has continued to strengthen its energy management practices at its facilities around the world during a period of expansion. Allergan is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year–Sustained Excellence recognition for continuing the success of its energy management program. Key 2017 accomplishments include:
- Achieving more than a four percent energy intensity improvement for U.S. operations and more than three percent for global operations in 2017.
- Earning ENERGY STAR certification at four buildings representing a significant portion of its office space footprint.
- Increasing investment in the Allergan Energy Efficiency Capital Fund by $2.6 million to enable projects with payback periods of up to five years.
- Conducting energy treasure hunts using ENERGY STAR guidance at a major manufacturing site and research and development campus to uncover over $2.5 million in energy and water savings.
- Renewing and updating the energy management system by establishing new energy scorecards, key performance indicators, reporting requirements, and energy team networks to keep facilities and operation management focused on achieving the corporate goal of a 20 percent energy use reduction by 2020.
- Actively supporting the ENERGY STAR Focus on Energy Efficiency in Pharmaceutical Manufacturing, the Industrial Partnership, and various ENERGY STAR sponsored initiatives.