Parsippany, New Jersey
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Allergan, Inc. is a diversified global pharmaceutical company focused on developing, manufacturing, and commercializing branded pharmaceuticals, devices, and biologic products for patients around the world. Allergan is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year—Sustained Excellence recognition for continuing the success of its energy management program following a major corporate restructuring. Key 2016 accomplishments include:
- Achieving more than a seven-percent energy intensity improvement for U.S. operations. The company also established an aggressive new goal to reduce energy use by 20 percent by 2020 using a 2015 baseline.
- Earning ENERGY STAR certification at five buildings that represent a significant portion of its office space footprint.
- Investing $1 million through the Allergan Energy Efficiency Capital Fund to enable projects with payback periods of up to five years to be implemented.
- Conducting an energy treasure hunt using ENERGY STAR guidance at a major manufacturing site that identified savings of nearly 24 percent of the site’s current usage.
- Participating in the ENERGY STAR Focus on Energy Efficiency in Pharmaceutical Manufacturing and Industrial Partnership.
- Implementing a corporate wide set of high impact, easy to replicate reduction projects such as light-emitting diode (LED) lighting upgrades and chilled water optimization.
- Creating an on-line “Energy University” to train employees.