Parsippany, New Jersey
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Allergan, Inc. is a diversified global company engaged in research and production of brand-name and generic pharmaceutical products. In early 2015, Allergan merged with Actavis and greatly increased the size and operations of the company. Over the course of the year, the company strategically managed energy and greenhouse gas emissions throughout its operations and supply chain. Allergan is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year—Sustained Excellence recognition for continuing the success of its energy management program through a major corporate merger. Key 2015 accomplishments include:
- Achieving more than a 1-percent energy intensity reduction for U.S. operations while integrating the operations of two pharmaceutical companies.
- Earning ENERGY STAR certification at two U.S. manufacturing plants.
- Continuing to work with supply chain partners to reduce their carbon footprint through better energy management practices.
- Participating actively in EPA’s ENERGY STAR Focus on Energy Efficiency in Pharmaceutical Manufacturing.
- Engaging employees through biannual energy fairs that use ENERGY STAR materials, and promoting energy efficiency in communities around the world through projects at community events.