San Antonio, Texas
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence - Energy Management
Affinius Capital (formerly USAA Real Estate) continued to grow its energy management program in its diverse portfolio while promoting ENERGY STAR® across the industry. Along with its affiliate companies, Affinius Capital invests across the risk spectrum for a global client base, managing over $35 billion in net assets under management within a diversified portfolio across North America and Europe. Affinius Capital provides strategic equity and debt capital, including to capitalize on the accelerating demand for technology-driven real estate assets, to meet the critical need for housing solutions, and for other market and capital structure opportunities exhibiting compelling risk-return characteristics. Key 2022 accomplishments include:
- Achieving ENERGY STAR certification for 31 buildings.
- Investing in advanced energy analytics platforms that optimize energy efficiency and provide measurement and verification after efficiency measures are implemented.
- Increasing tenant engagement efforts with its industrial tenants and joint-venture partners for its multi-family assets, which led to increased data access and benchmarking and a better understanding of sector performance.
- Pursuing decarbonization efforts including evaluation of embodied carbon in its building materials, purchasing property to dedicate to reforestation, and partnering with a renewable gas company to support the capture of methane emissions from decomposing organic matter.
- Highlighting ENERGY STAR achievements in its annual sustainability report, which is distributed to internal and external audiences.