Corpus Christi, Texas
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence - Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
AEP Texas is an electric utility serving southern and western Texas. In 2022, the utility partnered with builders and home energy rating companies to incentivize the construction of nearly 120 ENERGY STAR® certified homes, for a total exceeding 3,300 since joining the program. Key 2022 accomplishments include:
- Implementing a wide-ranging, ENERGY STAR-focused strategic English/Spanish bilingual marketing campaign that included responsive display, local broadcast radio spots, and digital ads to promote ENERGY STAR certified homes in South Texas, resulting in more than 6 million impressions.
- Increasing the number of participating energy rating company partners by 30%, compared to 2021.
- Allocating 18% of the program’s incentive budget to recruit diverse, minority, and women-owned builders and providing marketing and training materials in Spanish to strengthen its internal Supplier Diversity Initiative.
- Conducting more than 190 in-person meetings with builders and energy rating companies to mentor them on meeting ENERGY STAR program requirements.
- Incentivizing more than 1,000 ENERGY STAR smart thermostats and nearly 300 air-source heat pumps, generating more than 659,000 kWh and 428 kW in savings, respectively.