Corpus Christi, Texas
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence - Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
AEP Texas is an electric utility serving southern and western Texas. In 2021, the utility partnered with builders and home energy rating companies to incentivize the construction of more than 120 ENERGY STAR® certified homes, for a total of nearly 3,200 since joining the program. Key 2021 accomplishments include:
- Implementing a wide-ranging, ENERGY STAR focused strategic English/Spanish bilingual marketing campaign that included native display, local radio, and digital magazine ads, resulting in nearly 10 million impressions.
- Allocating 14% of the program’s incentive budget to recruit diverse, minority, and women-owned builders, while providing marketing and training materials in Spanish to strengthen its internal Supplier Diversity Initiative.
- Reaching nearly 34,000 pageviews on the SouthTXSaves.com website, which included the ENERGY STAR HVAC Guide and the new ENERGY STAR Home Upgrade Tool, to further educate consumers about energy efficiency.
- Conducting more than 105 virtual meetings with builders and energy rating companies to directly mentor them on meeting program requirements and updates.
- Introducing and incentivizing ENERGY STAR smart thermostats, obtaining more than 170,400 kWh in savings.