Corpus Christi, Texas
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
AEP Texas is an electric utility serving more than one million customers in southern and western Texas. In 2020, AEP Texas partnered with home builders and energy rating companies to incentivize the construction of nearly 190 ENERGY STAR certified homes. Key 2020 accomplishments include:
- Increasing the number of ENERGY STAR certified homes incentivized by over 30 percent from 2019, for a total of more than 3,000 since program inception.
- Increasing the number of homebuilders constructing ENERGY STAR certified homes by 12 percent from 2019, for a total of 19 participants.
- Implementing a wide-ranging, ENERGY STAR-focused marketing campaign that included digital, print, radio, and social media elements, resulting in nearly 13 million media impressions.
- Reaching over 58,000 impressions on the SouthTXSaves.com website, which included the ENERGY STAR Lighting Guide and ENERGY STAR HVAC Guide to further educate consumers about energy efficiency.
- Conducting more than 105 virtual meetings with homebuilders and energy rating companies to directly mentor them on meeting program requirements and conducting on-site performance testing.
- Achieving 325 kilowatt hours of peak energy savings by incentivizing homebuilders to install over 170 air-source heat pumps and obtaining over 141,000 kWh of energy savings by introducing incentives for installing ENERGY STAR certified smart thermostats.