Corpus Christi, Texas
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
AEP Texas is an electric utility serving nearly 800,000 residential customers. In 2019, AEP Texas contributed to rebuilding efforts in areas devastated by Hurricane Harvey, partnering with homebuilders to incentivize the construction of nearly 150 ENERGY STAR certified homes. Key 2019 accomplishments include:
- Increasing the number of homebuilders participating in its program by over 50 percent from 2018.
- Implementing an ENERGY STAR-focused marketing campaign that included digital, print, radio, and social media elements, resulting in more than 10 million media impressions.
- Adding the ENERGY STAR Ways to Save tips to the SouthTXSaves.com website to educate consumers about energy efficiency.
- Partnering with multiple HVAC associations and cities to train nearly 200 HVAC contractors, energy rating companies, building officials and inspectors on the value of installing properly sized equipment.
- Promoting the upcoming ANSI 310 Standard for earning Energy Rating Index points for proper HVAC design and installation to energy rating companies in south Texas as another path to compliance with ENERGY STAR quality HVAC installation for new homes in 2020.
- Achieving 34 percent incremental peak energy savings by incentivizing builders' use of more efficient heat pumps.