Corpus Christi, Texas
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
AEP Texas is an electric energy delivery utility serving nearly 800,000 residential customers in the south Texas area. The organization has been working toward increasing the availability and demand for ENERGY STAR® certified homes since 2007. AEP Texas Central is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year—Sustained Excellence recognition for its continued technical and marketing support promoting the ENERGY STAR Certified Homes program. Key 2016 accomplishments include:
- Supporting participating builders in the construction of more than 130 ENERGY STAR certified new homes, and more than 2,700 homes since joining the program.
- Increasing the number of participating homebuilders by 200 percent, compared to 2015 levels.
- Raising awareness of the benefits of ENERGY STAR certified homes through a comprehensive advertising campaign, which included print, broadcast radio spots, email blasts, and Google AdWords. Print ad circulation increased by more than 700 percent compared to 2015.
- Creating a radio advertising campaign that ran on eight different stations and garnered more than 5.4 million impressions, spreading the program’s message in both English and Spanish to South Texas consumers.
- Coordinating more than 80 one-to-one meetings with program staff to mentor participating builders and Home Energy Raters.