AEP Southwestern Electric Power Company
Partner of the Year
Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
AEP Southwestern Electric Power Company (SWEPCO) has provided utility services for more than 100 years and currently serves approximately 524,000 customers in three states: Arkansas, Louisiana, and Texas. Headquartered in Shreveport, Louisiana, and part of the American Electric Power system, SWEPCO proudly stands by its commitment to provide reliable electric service at affordable prices. The Home Performance with ENERGY STAR® (HPwES) program launched in SWEPCO’s Arkansas jurisdiction in mid-2012 with slightly under 100,000 residential customers. SWEPCO is receiving ENERGY STAR recognition for its regional leadership in energy efficiency and its ongoing support to HPwES. Key 2015 accomplishments include:
- Generating approximately 5.6 gigawatt hours (GWh) in energy savings, experiencing 238-percent growth from 2014 to 2015.
- Developing a HPwES pathway for multifamily properties, which resulted in 811 completed units and 3.8 GWh in energy savings.
- Restructuring incentives for single family homes to promote deeper energy savings, combined with a project allocation system for contractors, which resulted in 1.8 GWh in energy savings, an increase of 11 percent.
- Generating awareness of HPwES and the importance of comprehensive energy efficiency improvements.
- Maintaining a successful HPwES program by completing 865 projects in 2015.