Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
AEP Ohio is a subsidiary of American Electric Power and the largest electric utility in the state receiving Partner of the Year-Sustained Excellence recognition. AEP Ohio excelled at promoting the importance of ENERGY STAR certified products and new homes to customers through its energy efficiency programs, generating an estimated 90 gigawatt hours in energy savings. Key 2018 accomplishments include:
- Providing incentives influencing the sale of more than 2.3 million ENERGY STAR certified lighting, appliance and HVAC products.
- Supporting the construction of more than 350 ENERGY STAR certified new homes, with over 6,000 homes certified since joining the program in 2009.
- Completing the first full year of the Efficiency Crafted New Manufactured Homes Program, promoting ENERGY STAR certified manufactured homes, engaging 9 manufacturers and 13 retail locations.
- Developing a full suite of collateral materials promoting ENERGY STAR at participating retail stores, community events and training sessions.
- Conducting more than 15,000 trainings for participating retail staff, builders, home energy raters, appraisers, and real estate agents, educating about the benefits of ENERGY STAR and AEP Ohio’s program offerings.