Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
AEP Ohio is an electric distribution utility with a dedicated energy efficiency portfolio, servicing more than 1.3 million customers. The utility is committed to helping customers save energy and collaborates with multiple stakeholders across its service territory. AEP Ohio is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year-Sustained Excellence for its committment to sponsoring ENERGY STAR certified homes and promoting ENERGY STAR certified products, as well as appliance recycling. Key 2017 accomplishments include:
- Saving more than 1 billion kilowatt hours (kWh) between 2009-2017, enough electricity to power about 120,000 homes for a year.
- Adding nine new builders to the program and providing incentives for more than 350 ENERGY STAR certified homes, totaling more than 6,000 since joining the program in 2009.
- Promoting a wide array of ENERGY STAR certified products including LEDs, heat pump water heaters, clotheswashers, refrigerators, and heating and cooling systems, and providing incentives for nearly 2.1 million ENERGY STAR certified products.
- Participating in ENERGY STAR's national Flip your Fridge and Light the Moment promotions, leveraging the promotions via email, bill inserts, and social media.
- Recycling more than 8,000 inefficient refrigerators and freezers as part of the ENERGY STAR Flip your Fridge promotion.
- Incorporating ENERGY STAR messages such as savings data, homeowner benefits, features, and best practices language into materials such as mail-in rebate forms, bill inserts, email content, website pages, brochures, flyers, aisle stands, and field team messaging scripts.