Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
AEP Ohio and Columbia Gas of Ohio, the largest respective electric and gas utilities in the state, currently serve more than two million customers. Since 2010, the two utilities have worked together to bring a unified program to builders, contractors, and homebuyers across their service areas. AEP Ohio and Columbia Gas of Ohio are receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year—Sustained Excellence recognition for their shared commitment to sponsoring ENERGY STAR certified homes and promoting ENERGY STAR certified products. Key 2015 accomplishments include:
- Enrolling more than 120 builders, an increase of almost 10 percent since 2014, and providing incentives for 1,000 ENERGY STAR certified homes, for a cumulative total of over 3,800 since the program’s inception.
- Generating more than 5,400 megawatt hours of annual savings from ENERGY STAR certified homes.
- Providing a range of technical training opportunities for participating stakeholders focused on blower door and duct testing, as well as heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) installation and design. The number of attendees increased by 12 percent compared to 2014.
- Generating more than nine million media impressions and launching an online awareness campaign about the 20th anniversary of the ENERGY STAR Certified Homes program.
- Helping drive the sale of approximately one million ENERGY STAR certified LEDs and more than 14,000 ENERGY STAR certified appliances, delivering savings of more than 120 million kWh and saving AEP Ohio customers more than $20.4 million in energy costs.