The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) is pleased to recognize Advanced Clothes Dryers with the ENERGY STAR® Emerging Technology Award in 2014. Advanced clothes dryers present a significant savings opportunity compared to other appliance categories where cost-effective energy efficiency gains have largely been realized.
Dryers are one of the largest energy-using appliances in the home. For example, a typical dryer consumes more than 900 kWh/year, compared to a typical refrigerator that uses just 455 kWh/year.
For 2016, EPA is maintaining a list of clothes dryers that meet the 2014 Award performance criteria.
Award-winning dryers offer:
- Energy savings of approximately 40% in the most efficient setting
- Savings of as much as $430 over the service life of the dryer
- Total savings of more than 3,800 kWh over the service life of the dryer
EPA estimates that an ENERGY STAR Emerging Technology Award-winning clothes dryer could:
- Save enough energy in a year to run an ENERGY STAR certified clothes washer for 10 months.
- Reduce greenhouse gas emissions by more than 5,000 pounds in its lifetime.
EPA Presents LG with the Emerging Technology Award in Washington, DC.
For more information, please email email@example.com.