Includes eligibility criteria and partner commitments, which are required in order for your product to qualify for the ENERGY STAR label.
Clothes Washers Program Requirements Version 7.0 (Effective March 7, 2015)
View documents, data, and correspondence related to the version in development.
There are no new versions currently in development.
Historical list: On March 7, 2015, the ENERGY STAR Clothes Washer specification change.
- Historical list: On February 15, 2013, the ENERGY STAR Clothes Washer specification changed. View the last list of Commercial Clothes Washers that were qualified prior to the specification change.
- Clothes Washer Specification Version 5.0
- Clothes Washer Program Requirements 2009 (168KB)
- Clothes Washer Specification Version 4.0
- Clothes Washer Program Requirements 2007 (164KB)
Applying for the ENERGY STAR
If your product meets our criteria, then apply for an ENERGY STAR label.
To qualify a new product, contact an EPA-recognized Certification Body (CB) to have the product's performance certified. A list of EPA-recognized CBs, as well as an overview of EPA's third-party certification procedures, is available at www.energystar.gov/3rdpartycert.
Fact sheets, retail training materials, and other tools to help communicate the benefits of purchasing products that have earned the ENERGY STAR.