- Historical list: On February 15, 2013, the ENERGY STAR Clothes Washer specification changed. View the last list of Commercial Clothes Washers that were qualified prior to the specification change.
- Clothes Washer Specification Version 5.0
- Clothes Washer Program Requirements 2009 (168KB)
- Clothes Washer Specification Version 4.0
- Clothes Washer Program Requirements 2007 (164KB)
Applying for the ENERGY STAR
If your product meets our criteria, then apply for an ENERGY STAR label.
To qualify a new product, contact an EPA-recognized Certification Body (CB) to have the product's performance certified. A list of EPA-recognized CBs, as well as an overview of EPA's third-party certification procedures, is available at www.energystar.gov/3rdpartycert.
Fact sheets, retail training materials, and other tools to help communicate the benefits of purchasing products that have earned the ENERGY STAR.