· Reducing energy use across the district's building portfolio by more than 30% and being recognized as an ENERGY STAR Leader for reaching this important milestone within one year of achieving 20% Leaders recognition in 2007.
· Saving more than $4.7 million in energy costs over a 3-year period.
· Earning the ENERGY STAR for two schools.
· Continuing its partnership with ARAMARK Education to implement a comprehensive energy reduction program that includes operational improvements, staff training, and equipment repairs and upgrades. The district is also re-commissioning newer buildings and requiring the purchase of ENERGY STAR qualified products when possible.
· Tracking the progress of each building's performance and completing analyses to explore and fine-tune various efficiency efforts.
· Involving students, staff, and the community in energy efficiency efforts. Elementary school students developed a logo and slogan for the program and a scholarship fund was established for middle and high school students for their energy efficiency efforts. A "Green Team" of staff, parents, and energy managers meets periodically to coordinate initiatives and share updates on progress.