Delmarva Power & Light Company (Delmarva Power)
Washington, District of Columbia
ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year
Delmarva Power & Light Company, a subsidiary of Pepco Holdings, Inc., delivers electricity to more than 200,000 homes and businesses along the eastern shore of Maryland. The company launched its residential energy efficiency programs in 2010. Along with other utilities supporting EmPOWER Maryland, Delmarva Power is receiving ENERGY STAR recognition for making great strides towards achieving its energy efficiency goals. Key accomplishments in 2013 include:
- Working closely with 78 participating lighting stores to stock and incent a diverse array of ENERGY STAR certified lighting technologies, including standard and specialty CFLs and LED bulbs and fixtures. This collaboration resulted in sales of more than 330,000 certified products in 2013 and savings of nearly 19,000 MWh.
- Educating consumers about the benefits of ENERGY STAR clothes washers, refrigerators, freezers, room air conditioners, heat pump water heaters, and heating and cooling equipment, contributing to the sale of about 5,000 certified products in 2013.
- Retiring and properly recycling old, inefficient refrigerators, freezers, and room air conditioners—recycling more than 1,000 appliances since the program first began.
- Increasing consumer awareness of the ENERGY STAR label and the benefits of purchasing ENERGY STAR certified products, achieving more than 10 million impressions through social media and direct mail advertisement.
- Growing its emerging Home Performance with ENERGY STAR program by more than doubling its previous year’s participation levels and expanding its participating contractor network.
- Contributing to the sale of a diverse array of about 1.2 million ENERGY STAR certified products since program inception, saving customers 467,000 MWh in gross wholesale savings over the life of these products.