ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Entergy Texas is an electric transmission and distribution utility serving customers in southeast Texas. Since 2001, Entergy Texas has sponsored an ENERGY STAR Certified Homes program, and in 2011 the utility introduced HPwES. Entergy Texas is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year – Sustained Excellence recognition for its continuing commitment to the ENERGY STAR Certified Homes program. Key 2013 accomplishments include:
- Providing support to participating home builders in constructing 362 ENERGY STAR certified homes, resulting in more than 757,304 kWh in energy savings.
- Keeping local raters and contractors informed of ENERGY STAR Version 3.0 specification requirements through training courses, an HVAC checklist seminar, and duct sealing and insulation demonstrations.
- Participating in more than 25 regional builder association events, providing training to 85 realtors, and conducting more than 50 meetings with raters, builders, and contractors.
- Deploying the program’s first widespread advertising campaign by sending email blasts to a targeted demographic of 33,000 consumers who had expressed an interest in energy efficiency and participating in various events with a total of more than 18,300 consumers in attendance.
- Launching its first ever HPwES marketing and advertising campaign by sending 77,625 postcards and more than 100,000 emails to targeted ZIP codes, and garnering 425,000 impressions through search engine marketing and 1,000,000 impressions with a program website banner network.