ITW Food Equipment Group-North America
ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
ITW Food Equipment Group, LLC—the parent organization of independent companies Hobart®, Traulsen®, Vulcan®, Wittco®, and Wolf® —is a leader in commercial food equipment for the foodservice and grocery industries internationally. ITW is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year – Sustained Excellence recognition for its deep commitment to efficiency. ITW’s full suite of energy-efficient commercial food equipment, active participation in ENERGY STAR specification and test method development, and efforts to communicate the benefits of ENERGY STAR to consumers and other stakeholders set it apart as an industry leader. Key accomplishments in 2013 include:
- Offering more than 400 ENERGY STAR certified products across seven categories, which represents an increase of 19 percent in the total number of ENERGY STAR products. Nearly 50 percent of ITW Food Equipment Group’s entire product line is ENERGY STAR certified.
- Developing an innovative energy recovery technology for under-counter warewasher models that significantly reduces their energy and water consumption, saving users up to $500 annually.
- Creating new energy-efficient heat transfer technologies for fryers, reducing energy use and cooking time and improving productivity.
- Achieving close to 20 million impressions via print, Web, and social media, informing and educating users on the benefits of energy efficiency and the role ENERGY STAR certified equipment plays in sustainable foodservice operations.
- Using its websites to inform and educate visitors of the benefits of energy efficiency and the importance of ENERGY STAR in saving energy and reducing utility costs.
- Promoting the benefits of ENERGY STAR to industry professionals through the training of its commercial foodservice sales force, restaurant equipment dealers, distributors, sales representatives, and foodservice consultants.