Beacon Capital Partners LLC
ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Beacon Capital Partners, LLC, is a private real estate investment firm that develops, owns, and operates office properties totaling 30 million square feet across the United States and Europe. Beacon Capital Partners is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year – Sustained Excellence recognition for its dedication to educating and engaging commercial real estate leasing brokers on the benefits of ENERGY STAR certification through its broker sustainability awareness program. Key 2013 accomplishments include:
- Continuing its successful tenant energy awareness initiative by utilizing the ENERGY STAR Bring Your Green to Work toolkit to engage tenants in an energy efficiency competition.
- Sustaining its portfolio-wide average ENERGY STAR score of 86, with 87 percent of Beacon Capital Partners’ properties having a score of 75 or higher. This represents a five-point increase compared to 2010, and an average savings in electricity costs of 11 cents per square foot of building floor space.
- Decreasing its site energy use intensity by more than 5 million kBtu per year since 2012.
- Continuing to use a strategic process to benchmark and assess every newly acquired building with an energy audit. A pillar of the company’s strategy, the "No Cost Energy Savings Program" helped newly acquired buildings achieve energy savings ranging from 10–30 percent.
- Using ENERGY STAR as a platform to communicate the importance of energy efficiency to a wide audience of building management teams, tenants, leasing brokers, potential buyers, and investors.