Sears Holdings Corporation
Hoffman Estates, Illinois
ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Sears Holdings Corporation is the top home appliance retailer and a leader in tools, lawn and garden, fitness equipment, and automotive repair and maintenance. Sears is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year – Sustained Excellence recognition for its impressive commitment to offering a wide array of ENERGY STAR products and services, to superior energy management across its building portfolio, and to driving awareness and adoption of energy efficiency and climate protection through enhanced associate and consumer education. Sears’ longstanding efforts exemplify an ongoing commitment to leverage its retail capabilities for maximum energy efficiency in the marketplace. Key 2013 accomplishments include:
- Increasing its selection of ENERGY STAR certified products, including home appliances, consumer electronics, water heaters, and lighting, as well as a heightened commitment to stocking products recognized as ENERGY STAR Most Efficient 2013.
- Expanding consumer engagement in the Change the World, Start with ENERGY STAR campaign through integration of Team ENERGY STAR and the ENERGY STAR pledge, and 250 ENERGY STARs Across America events in stores and at regional fairs.
- Making outstanding efforts to increase employee awareness, such as expanding its best-in-class associates training program “Green Champions,” and participating in the EPA’s ENERGY STAR National Building Competition for four consecutive years.
- Increasing its total number of ENERGY STAR certified stores to 453 and reducing total weather-normalized source energy use across its portfolio by 4.9 percent.
- Generating more than 55 billion ENERGY STAR impressions, a 10-percent increase compared to 2012, through a range of promotional activities including national print circulars and point-of-sale displays.