El Segundo, California
ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year
DIRECTV has more than 37 million customers in the United States and Latin America and is one of the world’s top digital television providers. DIRECTV is receiving ENERGY STAR recognition for deploying many millions of energy-efficient receivers, raising the profile of efficiency with millions of prospective and current customers as well as thousands of employees, and driving greater consumer savings through innovative partnerships with efficiency program partners. Key accomplishments in 2013 include:
- Certifying more than 10 million set-top box receivers this year alone and more than 50 million since joining the program in 2009.
- Saving consumers more than $80 million this year and $500 million cumulatively on their energy bills.
- Offering greater savings for its customers through its power-wise Genie™ Whole-Home DVR solution and forward- looking receiver-free solution.
- Raising the profile of efficiency with its millions of customers and more than 30,000 technicians and staff, through leveraging e-newsletters and e-bills, social media, PSAs on channels including MTV and FoxSports, its in-house employee training channel, and messaging sent to millions of deployed receivers.
- Partnering with key efficiency programs and research organizations to carry the efficiency of set-top boxes further and more quickly.