Best Buy Co., Inc.
ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year
Best Buy Co., Inc., the world's largest multichannel consumer electronics retailer, has stores in the United States, Canada, China, and Mexico. Best Buy believes that its extensive consumer reach and consistent ENERGY STAR messaging differentiate the company and benefit American consumers. This year, the company is receiving ENERGY STAR recognition for its leadership in stocking a wide range of ENERGY STAR certified products, and for its dedication to educating both staff and consumers on the benefits of ENERGY STAR. Key accomplishments in 2013 include:
- Making it easy for the 600 million customers who shop at Best Buy stores each year to find ENERGY STAR certified products by featuring the label on fact tags.
- Improving the online shopping experience at Bestbuy.com by adding numerous ways for the 1 billion visitors the site hosts each year to search for and identify ENERGY STAR certified products.
- Creating ENERGY STAR educational videos, shown twice per hour daily in more than 1,000 stores and on 140,000 screens, to maximize customer viewership.
- Reaching more than 10 million engaged readers through its blogging campaign during Energy Awareness Month 2013.
- Investing nearly $3 million to train 65,000 Best Buy associates, or “Blue Shirts,” on selling ENERGY STAR certified products during the past 5 years.